Volunteers are the backbone of any community organization, and the Opportunity Center is no exception. We are always in search of volunteers willing to serve in any capacity.
Beginning November 2, we have a number of opportunities to support our community during the holiday season.
We are currently collecting coats for distribution and would love your assistance with organizing the donations and/or supporting us at the coat drive on November 8. Following the coat drive, we’ll have other volunteer opportunities to support families with meals during the holiday season.
We often need help with the following:
- After School Program/Tutoring
- Summer camp aides
- ESL teachers for beginner/intermediate classes
- Cake decorating classes
- Special events
- Leading one-time special projects/programs for after school and summer camp
- Career exploration workshops
- College preparation seminars
- Computer classes
- Financial literacy classes
- Couple communication workshops
- Chronic disease prevention workshops
- Community safety workshops
- First aid/CPR classes
- Cross-cultural/diversity workshops
- Domestic Violence Support Group (Spanish)
- Ancillary services
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the contact form below or contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Tanisha Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also mail a paper form to: 21630 Ridgetop Circle Suite 130, Sterling VA 20166